Wednesday, 12 July 2017

New layout for Cat quilt

I changed a few of the 5.5"squares, exchanging some of the paler ones for two deeper coloured fabrics.  Then I looked through my cat fabrics again and found a scrap I had rejected first time around because I didn't think it would be large enough to cut 5.5" squares from. However, I just managed to get 2 squares from it.

I also made 4 new framed cat blocks: 2 with orange frames, one with brown and one with green.
Much happier with the new layout, more pop to it.

This is the previous one:

Hope to find a little time at the weekend to sew these up into a finished top.


  1. The blue also looks more balanced. It's looking good.

  2. looking so good now will be lovely quilt

  3. This is looking very cute! And you are right, it seems more balanced now.


  4. Your blog is very useful for me.I really like you post.Thanks for sharing.