Thursday 3 July 2014

Soy Amado Blocks catch up

June rushed past in a blur!  I was busy doing so many things that are not quilt-related but I did finish the last of 6 Soy Amado blocks I was making for Alison's project.

A couple of weeks ago I posted them to her.

Here they are:



I was very pleased with them all, nice and bright, which will hopefully add a cheerful note to a Mexican child's bed.

I was thrilled when I looked at Alison's blog yesterday (Little Island Quilts) and discovered she had sewn all 6 blocks into her quilt Soy Amado 47 which you can see on her blog and also on her Flickr page.  My four Star blocks have made the corners of the quilt and the other two appear in it too.

I have so enjoyed making the blocks and am full of admiration for all Alison's hard work in assembling all those random gifted blocks into marvellous quilts for such a worthy cause.

Hope to write another post soon to show other projects I have completed.  However, it is Wimbledon! And tennis takes priority at this time of the year!

2 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so happy and fun, guaranteed to make people smile! Enjoy watching the tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Happy and fun is how I like my quilts and blocks to be because that's how I feel when I am making them,

    ReplyDelete