Saturday 3 February 2024

Another finish. A Wonky Quarter Log Cabin Quilt


 I made a great bright quilt based on one of Pola Quilting YouTube videos.

It’s Scrap Buster #10 Wonky Quarter Log Cabin #1

I love Pola’s style, using scraps, strips, recycled fabrics to create colourful quilts for charity, friends, family and so on. Pretty much what I do, although not so much recycled and I certainly don’t have the stash that Pola has. I enjoy seeing her hauls from the scrap store and how she deals with them. So efficiently too!

I watched the video and made a pile of quarter log quilt blocks using 2” lemon, bright yellow and vivid lime green squares. I so enjoyed the process. I watched how Pola tried out making a quilt by putting four blocks together in the middle and then going out from that centre.

 I had to do a lot of jiggling and measuring but it was such fun! 


Here’s my finished quilt, perhaps it should come with a warning to put sunglasses on before you view!


It measures 42” square. I quilted it with a design I saw on Pola’s Quilting. I have never have been brave enough to try before and I took Pola’s tip to go with the flow. I used a yellow thread - literally just had enough to finish the quilting and put the binding on.

Heres a view of the backing, a lovely bright jungle print.



No other quilting was done because I wasn’t very well and ended up in hospital on Friday. Hoping to go home tomorrow as the team has made great strides in sorting out my various problems.

Hope I manage to make a start on those Friendship Stars that I intended to do this week.

Joining up with Angela’s So scrappy RSC blog. Plenty of green in my quilt to qualify for RSC green theme.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you've been sick in the hospital, Linda! I hope you're feeling better and home tomorrow. Thata great little quilt! I like the design and all those scrappy bits you used up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heart warming quilt to come home to after your medical scare. Good for you for going with the flow and quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that you were not feeling well. I hope that you are back home again soon. The quilt is so bright and happy. What a perfect background fabric for the yellow and green front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, so sorry to read that you have been in hospital, do hope you feel much better now. Your new quilt is very bright and cheerful, a good pick me up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read about your health issues, hope you are on the mend now. Loving your log cabin quilt, great setting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't need the sunglasses Linda, the brighter the better for me - beautiful quilt! Sorry to read about your hospital stay, that long promised letter from me has never made it, fingers crossed it will reach you when you arrive home from hospital. I have now a large sticky note by my computer with your name in gigantic letters and saying 'write to' underneath.

    ReplyDelete