Saturday, 18 March 2017

Last quilting in NZ

Yesterday was my last Patchwork meeting in NZ for 2017.
I had a very productive day, using scraps to make 2 more drawstring bags for Jennie's stall:


And back

And back
I also made 3 more 10.5" QAYG String blocks for Jan at Sew many quilts too little time blog.
That makes a total of 9 blocks which I will mail to her when I go into town on Tuesday.
It's cheaper for me to send blocks to Jan in Australia from here in NZ than from the UK ( postage charge is quite prohibitive now).
Here they are, all 9 of them:

Hope Jan likes them.  I know she is busy using up QAYG blocks that have been gifted to her so perhaps these will mix in nicely with ones she is sewing up at present.


Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Drawstring bag

Yesterday was my last Motueka Quilting Connection meeting before we go back to the UK. 
I used the morning to make a little Drawstring bag, using 2.5" squares kindly gifted to me by my lovely Blog-land friend Jo ( her blog is butter z).

The pattern is from Pink Penguin blog, a Tutorial for a Reversible drawstring bag.
All the materials came from my rapidly diminishing NZ stash.

And the other side:

I am gifting this to my Patchwork friend Jennie for her stall which sends money to the Gambia which supports a school over there.

Sunday, 5 March 2017

A better photo

A better photo, I hope, of the quilt I posted yesterday:

The first photos I took yesterday showed the colours in the quilt quite well but for some reason the computer rotated them through 180 degrees! It was possible to rotate them back correctly to add to my Flickr site koshka2
but that didn't work for my blog post.
So I took new photos which I used in my blog yesterday.  It had started to get dark by then so the colours weren't as sharp and bright.
I am hoping today's picture is better!

Saturday, 4 March 2017

All that Jazz

I had a productive day at my Vintage Quilters Patchwork Group yesterday.

I used 16 already made 4.5" Crumb blocks and a FQ from the same bundle that I used for my last Strawberries and Butterflies Quilt and make a Premature baby quilt top.

During the day I made the top, sandwiched and machine quilted and bound it.
My second quilt finish this year.

It measures 21" x 22".

The backing I bought from Spotlight, not for this quilt, but for my UK stash.
I didn't have enough strawberry fabric left for the backing so used this pretty animal one.

Both of these photos are far too pale: the actual quilt is much brighter and vibrant,
hence it's title: All that Jazz