Saturday 18 March 2017

Last quilting in NZ

Yesterday was my last Patchwork meeting in NZ for 2017.
I had a very productive day, using scraps to make 2 more drawstring bags for Jennie's stall:

Front

And back

Front
 
And back
 
I also made 3 more 10.5" QAYG String blocks for Jan at Sew many quilts too little time blog.
That makes a total of 9 blocks which I will mail to her when I go into town on Tuesday.
It's cheaper for me to send blocks to Jan in Australia from here in NZ than from the UK ( postage charge is quite prohibitive now).
Here they are, all 9 of them:
 


 
Hope Jan likes them.  I know she is busy using up QAYG blocks that have been gifted to her so perhaps these will mix in nicely with ones she is sewing up at present.

 
 

5 comments:

  1. pretty little bags and the string blocks look good, have been sorting out my strings the last few days ready to make some blocks.
    Have a good flight home, I am warning you colder weather has been forcast for this coming week so wrap up warm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you let me know your travel dates. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda, the QAYG blocks look fabulous and will play very nicely with the blocks I have here. I hope you have a good trip back to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Linda, the QAYG blocks look fabulous and will play very nicely with the blocks I have here. I hope you have a good trip back to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those blocks ... great scrap busters ... safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete