I am clearing up scraps, trying to use everything I have here in New Zealand.
Last week I collected together strings scraps, prepped some squares with batting pinned on, ready to make some QAYG String blocks for Jan in Australia.
As always, I am surprised how quickly a pile of scraps is used up and I only managed to make 7 blocks before I was very short of strings!
I ran out of strings before I could cover the blocks I had prepped. I was going to my Patchwork Group the following day so emailed the members to ask if anyone
has scrapstrings to spare. Several people brought some to the meeting but several were puzzled by my term "strings" , thinking that I meant string like you would use to tie up a parcel! So we learned another difference in Kiwi English!
I had enough gifted strips to make another 11 blocks.
3 years ago