Thursday 21 February 2019

Lots more Strings from friends

I am clearing up scraps, trying to use everything I have here in New Zealand.
Last week I collected together strings scraps, prepped some squares with batting pinned on, ready to make some QAYG String blocks for Jan in Australia.

As always, I am surprised how quickly a pile of scraps is used up and I only managed to make 7 blocks before I was very short of strings!



I ran out of strings before I could cover the blocks I had prepped. I was going to my Patchwork Group the following day so emailed the members to ask if anyone
 has scrapstrings to spare. Several people brought some to the meeting but several were puzzled by  my term "strings" , thinking that I meant string like you would use to tie up a parcel!  So we learned another difference in Kiwi  English!

I had enough gifted strips to make another 11 blocks.




5 comments:

  1. Great string blocks, love all the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at what colorful beauty can come from random strings. Just think, when you asked, you had no idea what you would get from your friends, and they all work! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all your lovely comments. I do enjoy making these blocks, anything goes and they all come out so well. Great to inject some new fabrics into my repertoire, even if they were only scrap strings!

    ReplyDelete