I haven’t had time to sew for over a week but yesterday afternoon I managed to sew for most of the afternoon. I have been working on creating a second quilt for Siblings Together using another set of Sunshine Lotto blocks which are Autumn colours. At the end of my last sewing session I had all the rows completed including sashing and cornerstones. Yesterday I sewed all those together, added side borders in the sashing fabric and outer borders using a piece of autumn coloured batik fabric which had been sent to me by a member of the Sunshine Lotto Group.
I now have a completed flimsy which I am happy with. I spent a lot of time choosing which of the blocks to use in this quilt and even longer deciding on an arrangement that looked right. That only happened after I emailed a few photos to Australian blogger friend Jo who was so helpful! Thank you, Jo 🙂
As I was sewing the flimsy together I also turned some HSTs I had made from bonus triangles left over from some Sawtooth blocks I had recently made. A great afternoon’s sewing!