Monday 6 May 2019

Hey presto! - the inspiration for 2 quilts


Included in the parcel of blue and yellow Sunshine Lotto blocks I won were two more random coloured blocks. When I decided to use the blocks to make a Sampler style quilt for Siblings Together  these two different  blocks didn’t fit my planned quilt. One block consisted of horizontal bands of solid colours: bright pink, yellow, lime green, turquoise and teal. I cut the block vertically into four strips and used them as a basis to make 2 Premature Baby Coin quilts.
As you can see from the photos, three strips were in one quilt, the fourth strip in the other. Alternated with teddy bear fabric and framed to achieve the required size of 15” x 20”.

I used several leftover pieces of bindings to complete the duo.

Really pleased with the result so I now have to think of how to use the other multi coloured block.


1 comment: