Friday 26 April 2019

Sunshine Lotto Flimsy

Quite a while ago I won two sets of Sunshine Lotto Quilts, one blue and yellow, the other were a variety of green blocks.  I put them away and then my conscience nagged away at me and I felt I needed to start to use some of them.  There is quite a variety of blocks designs and other colours and patterns in the different blocks so I picked 12 which I thought hung together, used a solid white sashing and corner stones from a blue with a tiny white spot.

So, here’s my flimsy


I now have to cut some batting and find a piece of fabric big enough for the backing which will probably have to be pieced. Large pieces of fabric I don’t have in my stash. I know lots of fellow bloggers always seem to have a thrifted sheet on hand but that’s something I don’t have! Perhaps I should trawl our town’s Charity Shops tomorrow and see if I can get lucky! We’ll see!

I am intending to turn this into a flimsy for Siblings Together, a Charity I have supported in the past but not recently.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute quilt, makes me think of spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done so well. Blue and yellow are always a fresh combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great combo! Were the blocks all of uniform size or did you need to do a wee bit of creative tweaking! I've used vintage sheets for backings over the past few years, mainly ones from the airing cupboard at the ole bach at Waihi!

    ReplyDelete