Monday 15 April 2019

Following blogs = Inspiration!

I have followed Cathy's  blog: Sane Crazy Crumby Quilting for a really long time.  Love the way she uses every little scrap of fabric- a lady after my own heart! I have made a few of the blocks she makes, usually as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge run by Angela on So Scrappy blog.

One of her recent blocks which is already a flimsy is Crumby Yummies Candy which you can see on her recent Q2 Finish-Along Goals blog post. I loved the block and the finished flimsy is lovely. Cathy gave a few clues as to how the block was constructed so I decided to do the maths - or as Cathy would say "The Math". I have made 8 blue Crumby Yummies Candy blocks. Eventually I hope to have a flimsy as well.


Thanks, Cathy, for your inspiration! I know I'll never meet you, you live in Iowa USA and I live in Warwickshire UK but I feel we are "joined" in some weird way. We both love scraps, and I think we have a similar humour after we exchange comments on her blog. 
Another Scrap Quilt on the way!
Thanks Cathy! 🤗

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we are joined in some weird way!! And actually you have met me...just not physically. And that might be a good thing!!

    Be careful...those crummy yummies sure use a lot of crumbs! And once you get started on crumbs they are a little addictive!

    Most importantly...have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure are addictive but you are having so much fun with them so keep on going. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Made three yellow Crumb blocks for some more Crumby Yummies! Definitely addictive. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Cathy certainly is an inspiration, and she's very prolific with her quilting! I love how she takes a vintage quilt idea and puts her spin on it.

    ReplyDelete