Saturday 17 February 2024

Red Wonky Stars quilt

 I am steadily working through collections of blocks, mainly the result of RSC projects.

I had a lot of Wonky Stars in various colours and have been using them up in several little quilts.

Red is this month’s chosen colour so I picked out 13 blocks to make a hospital baby quilt. I chose two cream neutrals from my stash and cut 12 x 4.75” squares. When trimmed my Wonky Stars measured 4.75” square. A narrow neutral border brought the quilt up to the required size of 24” square.

I had a large piece if wavy red striped fabric which I used for the backing and binding.

I machine quilted it and I’m really pleased with the result.





Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy blog.

10 comments:

  1. That’s a fun quilt with all those stars! I love that binding, too. Someone is going to love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s from Diann at Little Penguin Quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a sweet little quilt! Glad to see you were able to finish and blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the red star mix Linda in this little cot quilt, the cream fabric for the alternate blocks was the perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish! A pretty little quilt for someone to love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so nice, using up red RSC blocks and making a lovely hospital baby quilt, a two for one deal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wonky stars! And I love the backing. Another wonderful quilt for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post was excellent, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, just checking in if you are ok.

    ReplyDelete