I started making the blocks a couple of weeks ago at my Patchwork Group but yesterday I really got stuck in and completed the top apart from the final border which I have done this afternoon. Although I had a tin full of Crumb blocks I still had to make an extra six to have enough to make 25 blocks.
The top finishes at 52" which will be a good size for a Siblings Together quilt.
Close up showing the sashing and cornerstones
I have seen a couple of ideas using 4 patch units made from 1.5" squares so made a few as Leaders and Enders as I constructed the quilt top.
Here's a lovely small scrappy pink star I discovered yesterday, hidden away amongst my Crumb blocks. I knew I had acquired it in a Swap and went through my Flickr page to find out its origin. From Valerie in Canada, sent as a little extra in a Block swap I participated in back in February 2012!
As it's Pink month for Angela's So Scrappy RSC 2017 I thought I should include it. Really beautifully made.
And two more Roman Stripe blocks.
So a profitable weekend's sewing. I have had a dreadful cold since Tuesday evening and spent a lot of time in bed feeling rotten but yesterday I really felt like sewing and it was great medicine!
Linking up with So Scrappy RSC 2017