Sunday 14 April 2019

Finally...............some sewing!

I haven't even picked up a needle for over two weeks. That seems very strange.
Two weeks ago we were in Singapore where the temperature was 30C with high humidity. Then the long flight back to London to be met by a sunny day, but cold, only 12C.
Since then we have had several frosts and temperatures down to 2C!

So, why haven't I been sewing? Unpacking, washing and ironing and finding places for everything we brought home from NZ.
Also we have been on family duty supporting our daughter who had an operation on her spine three days after we arrived home. Transporting our granddaughter to and from school and to all her myriad of after school activities. So, no time to sew until yesterday afternoon when I thoroughly enjoyed myself making two drawstring Patchwork bags. (Pink Penguin blog tutorial).
My granddaughter was very keen for me to make these, one for herself and one for Mummy. She picked  out and arranged all the fabric squares for her own bag (initial A) and the squares for the front of the second bag (initial C) and then we ran out of time before I drove her to another of her activities.

However, both now finished:





The fronts


And backs

Hope they are well received when I see A tomorrow.

And to finish, a photograph of the Palm Cross I received at church this morning.





As I walked home along the shortcut path I take beside a little copse I spied some bluebells, the first I've seen this year. I took a photograph on my phone but not sure how to add that to my blog post.

More sewing this afternoon I hope.

2 comments: