Saturday 27 January 2024

Another Maternity Unit finish

 I decided to machine quilt this little String Quilt differently from the others in this series.

I used a decorative stitch which I was happy with.


After I made the previous String Quilt I had a length of pale blue binding left which I thought would JUST be enough to bind this quilt. Well, when I sewed it on I was about 1.5” short! So I rummaged around in my scraps and found a strip about that width so I “patched it in” and it worked perfectly.


Quite good I think!

I have also spent a lot of time on a very bright quilt of Quarter Log Cabins which I machine quilted and now waits for me to trim and bind. I hope to show you the finished quilt next week.

Not sure what to do next but I have lots of 2” and 2.5” strings that need processing so ‘I’m thinking of making some Friendship stars. We’ll see!

Linking with Angela’s  So Scrappy RSC blog.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could start making “duckworth” blocks for your next project. These are popping up everywhere at the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven’t heard of duckworth before. What are they? Thanks cor your comment Jo.

      Delete