Saturday 6 January 2024

3rd String Blocks flimsy

Having finished 2 baby String Blocks quilts at the end of December I discovered I still had a lot of strings leftover so I decided to start a 3rd one. For a little more variety I cut up some chunks from stash and made a flimsy.


That’s now waiting to be basted and machine quilted.

Still a lot of strings so I decided to make some quarter log cabins, using solid bright yellow, pale lemon and a lime green for the starter 2” blocks. I watched a youtube video by Pola quilting which gave me a starting idea for this next quilt which I’m aiming for around 40” square.

Joining up with Angela’s So scrappy blog.

5 comments:

  1. What an adorable string quilt! Great colors, too. Watch out, those leftover strings are trying to take over lol! Good luck with the new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many great blocks to make with strings. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fun one! You're inspiring me to sew some string blocks, too, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty little string block! I like the consistent light center string! I’m looking forward to putting some string block together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun top that is! Happy finishing.

    ReplyDelete