Saturday 22 October 2022

More RSC scrappy blocks

 I basted and machine quilted my Wonky Stars RSC quilt but I want to add some hand quilting around the stars. That’s a nice project to have for Patchwork meetings.

I have made some Windmill blocks after seeing them on Cathy’s Sane crazy quilting blog. I just used pairs of 2.5” strips , whatever colours I found.


Then I made three Wonky Stars, again using whatever colour that was to hand.



And 4 green and 5 blue String blocks. That’s pretty much all the strings in those colours I had in my bag of strings.


The light was starting to go when I took this photo, the actual blocks look much brighter.

Linking up with Angela’s SoScrappy RSC blog.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful scrappy projects you've been working on.
    I love the green strings--I am a huge fan of string piecing...
    Those windmills are so pretty, too, all together...Nice works in progress--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beautiful scrap projects here Linda. I have yet to make a 'real' scrappy sting quilt but after seeing yours I shall add this to my list. Your quilt shown in the previous post - A Star is Born - is delightful and Freddie will love this when he's older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are very colourful and scrappy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks! the wonky stars are nice and bright.

    ReplyDelete