Sunday 16 October 2022

A baby quilt gifted to Freddie.

A while ago I made a lovely baby quilt using  some blue scraps and RSC Wonky Stars which I put aside to gift to my Great niece Becky’s baby boy expected mid October. As I said, my sister Pat died a month ago and baby Freddie would have been her first Great Great Grandson. Pat knew Becky and Max were intending to call their son Freddie and I showed Pat the quilt I had made for him. Freddie was born on 8th October and my niece gave the gift to Becky and Max yesterday. Becky was thrilled with the quilt and especially happy that her Nannie had seen it before she died.

I’ve called the quilt “A Star is Born”. Little Freddie is a star who has come into our family at a time of sadness so he is a new focus for our family.


I have really depleted my stash of Wonky Stars so when I have some leftover scraps I’m turning them into new Wonky Stars.

I made these the other day:



2 comments:

  1. Very nice quilt. I’m glad you all have a little joy to focus on now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful detail for a little quilt,sorry for the loss of your sister,I lost my only sister 2 yrs ago

    ReplyDelete