Saturday 29 October 2022

October RSC Round up

 I made a few more Twinkler Stars this week. I have a box of ones left over from the last RSC quilt I made with these fabulous blocks and would like to add to those as I have an idea to make a quilt for a young relation. I sorted through my box of 2.5” squares and found piles of colours to use. 

Here are the blocks I made:


I will continue to make a few more of these next week.

I also finished quilting and binding the Maternity Ward Wonky Stars quilt I started quite recently:

It measures 24” square and looks so cheerful. When I showed it to my husband he immediately said he loved it!


This was made from my stash of  RSC Wonky Stars blocks. 

The backing I used goes so well with the reds and yellows in the stars and is a piece of fabric I bought years ago. I think it was 3 yards - I don’t usually buy any larger when I purchase larger pieces of fabric. I have used this delicious Strawberry fabric in several quilts or in backing several baby quilts. A real favourite of mine and I’ll be sad when it’s all used up. Still a bit left!



The rest of my sewing time was taken with making lavender bags and stuffed fabric hearts in Christmas fabric for Christmas  tree ornaments with my lovely granddaughter. We’ve made a lot. We also intend to make some Christmas gift bags for her to sell for her Girl Guides stall, to help with funds for a special camping trip happening next Easter. Great excuse to spend time together and talk about every thunder the sun. 🤗

Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy RSC blog.



3 comments:

  1. Loving all these stars at your place Linda! The wonky star quilt is delightful and will be loved & used to the max I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both star designs are a delight to see and I'm a huge fan of star quilts, a long time since I made one, perhaps take a leaf out of your book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve been busy sewing up so many cute things lately. And how lovely that you and DGD have already started on Christmas things. I’ve got a stack of fabrics waiting to become Christmas pillowcases. But that won’t happen until December! xo

    ReplyDelete