Saturday 8 October 2022

2 RSC flimsies made

 I’ve had a more productive week, sewing two Wonky Stars flimsies using a lot of blocks made over the past couple of years during the Rainbow Scrap Challenges. I love making these blocks and will continue to use my 2” scraps and bonus triangles to make more. I’ve used several in borders on two Medallion quilts completed this year and this week I created two Wonky Stars flimsies.


This quilt will measure 24” square when it’s finished and will be donated to our local hospital’s Maternity Unit. Our Patchwork Group has donated lots of small quilts over the years but recently the hospital asked for larger ones ( 24” square instead of the 15” x 20” they used to prefer) I don’t know why they have changed the size, perhaps they have bought bigger cribs?

I also put together a 40” square flimsy which will be a Project Linus donation quilt.


My stack of Project Linus quilts is steadily growing and this week I added another Crumb Coins quilt to my stash . It measures 43” x  45”.



 A close up of some of the blocks:

And the pieced backing:

All the RSC projects are using lots of my scraps and so far I have managed to bind three Project Linus donation quilts with pieced leftover bindings. They look great.
I enjoyed arranging the three finishes for this photograph:

So, onward and upward!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, so many cute finishes! Way to go! You’re putting us to shame! I love crumb and scrap and string quilts. When will you donate them? Hope all is going well with you and yours. Will write soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wonky star quilts are so fun! It sounds lovely to have a place that wants 24" quilts - I could make lots of those, too! Very pretty crumb/coin quilts, too. I love that mellow shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. So many lovely charity quilts. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful quilts Linda. And I'm sure they will be much loved & used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda you have been busy finishing these sweet quilts. They will certainly be treasured and gratefully received by the little ones who are lucky enough to have them.

    ReplyDelete