Monday 26 September 2022

Walking foot - Found!



 Found my Walking foot yesterday! Before I tried to use the Ditch foot to quit my String Quilt I decided to have one last look for my Walking foot. I had quickly looked for a replacement one on Amazon and was horrified at the price - over £54! My intention was to phone my Sewing Machine repairer today and see if he could find me one at a cheaper price. The one I couldn’t find cost me just over £11 in 2011!

About seven years ago I was gifted another Janome machine that had belonged to my friend Margaret’s sister who had died and Margaret was sorting out her belongings. It has been my emergency machine for when my other one was being serviced and I have used it a few times. When I found the empty Walking foot box on Saturday I read the note inside, written by me, which said the Walking foot was on Mary’s machine. I discarded the message because it didn’t make sense to me, I couldn’t ever remember putting it on Mary’s machine! Although I did remember thinking about doing that and keeping it permanently on Mary’s machine to save me the trouble of struggling to fit it on my machine every time I want to do some machine quilting. Anyway, yesterday, as one final attempt to find the Walking foot I looked at Mary’s machine and lo and behold, there it was!

So I swapped out the machines and happily quilted my String Quilt.








6 comments:

  1. Love the quilting on the String Quilt--nice work!! Hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you found the walking foot - yes they are quite a hefty price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn’t believe the price! Just can’t believe I disregarded my own note. I would have put it there so I would know where to look for the walking foot!

      Delete
  3. Well done to you. The note was there for a reason.
    How are you feeling and the family?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hate to say it, but how you found your walking foot is pretty funny! Well, at least you can get some work done, now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I have at least one senior moment in the studio on a regular basis. If I could have the time back that I’ve spent searching for things that SHOULD HAVE been in their proper place, I could probably fly to the UK and we could have tea together!! xo

    ReplyDelete