Saturday 10 September 2022

A blue RSC flimsy and more String blocks

 Blue is the September colour for RSC so I have taken the opportunity to make a Coin Crumb flimsy from finished 4.5”  Boyish Crumb blocks alternated with blue fabrics. I used a blue check fabric I bought on sale years ago for all the sashing and in the process finished every scrap of it! 


There are some interesting snippets of fabrics in the top, good for I Spy.



I sorted out all my small strings and scraps and made 8 more Blue 5.5” String blocks. 



My box of string blocks is very full so I sorted them into colours and discovered I now have 38 Blue ones so I’m going to look back over some photos I have of String blocks quilts designs and perhaps next week I can put together another flimsy? Cathy at Crazy by Design has made lots of lovely String Quilts so I’m going to have a look through her blog posts for some ideas!

Hoping to baste the Coin Crumb flimsy this afternoon.

Linking up with Angela’s SoScrappy RSC 2022 blog.

4 comments:

  1. Your RSC Sept. blues are so pretty...I really like those scrappy string blocks...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! Your scrappy blue quilt turned out wonderfully! And I love your string blocks - good for you!! xo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crumb coin design idea! That went together nicely. I might need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isnt it great when you can use up every last little piece of a fabric!

    ReplyDelete