Sunday 27 February 2022

Last of the Aqua scraps!

 All shades of aqua/turquoise/teal are my favourite colours - to use and to wear! In fact I’ve just realised I’m wearing a teal coloured sweater today.

In between progressing with my Linus Project Round Robin flimsy I have been making a few RSC blocks, using up the last few aqua/teal scraps. Here they are:


6 Wonky Stars, a Fish block and 4 String blocks. Colours are too dark in this photo as it was getting dusk and I had to put the lights on in order to take the picture.


My Round Robin is now finished, measuring 40” square, a nice size for Linus Project quilts and an easier size for me to baste and quilt. Lots for a little person to look at.

In making the Wonky Stars I used some of the RSC blocks I had already made and used lots of the Pinwheels I had in my stash of completed blocks. And it all started with that 10.5” aqua- based piece from my stash.

And a couple of close ups:



So this is next week’s project - to baste and do some machine quilting around the turquoise and outer borders and then a lot of hand quilting around the stars and across the centre piece. Hopefully I will be able to complete the basting and machine quilting so I have my hand quilting ready for Thursday’s Patchwork Group meeting.

Linking up to Angela’s SoScrappy RSC blog.

Patchwork and Quilting has been my therapy and distraction for the past 25 years and in today’s troubled world never have I been so grateful for taking up this hobby. God bless Ukraine and all those innocent people fighting for their country and the elderly, women and children fleeing to other welcoming ones. 

3 comments:

  1. What pretty AQUA/TEAL scraps you have used in your RSC blocks, Linda, and in that fun Round Robin quilt top, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Aqua - my favourite colour I think and you have used it beautifully in your Round Robin quilt.
    Definitely agree with the sentiments in your last few lines Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any blue/teal/aqua variations are my go-to colours too! Love teh pinwheel border on your round robin.

    ReplyDelete