Sunday 13 February 2022

Aqua RSC blocks and a quilt finish

 I’ve had a busy week making various Aqua RSC blocks.

Firstly I made 3 small Wonky Star blocks using scrap bonus triangles for the points and 2” centres from my biscuit tin containing 2” squares. I had enough aqua scraps and strips to make 2 Strippy blocks ( sewn onto phone book paper squares). Then I used aqua 2.5” squares ( from another biscuit tin) to make 3 Twinkler Stars.

I also sewed up a Fish block that was already kitted up.


Last week I made 7 x 4.5” Crumb blocks ( yes, another tin containing scraps for crumbs) and this week I turned them into RSC Sawtooth Stars.

Horrid dark wet February day here so I’m afraid these photos are dull and murky too. They are much brighter in real life.
And of course I’ve created another new pile of aqua bonus triangles in the process so I see more Wonky Stars in my future. Of dear, the usual Quilters’s Problem of scraps creating more scraps!

And I quilted  and bound the little Aqua Crib Quilt I showed as a flimsy on my blog last weekend. I’ve decided to call it Teddies love elephants!







Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day- always celebrated by my husband and me because this is also the anniversary of our engagement in 1971 when he went down on one knee and proposed to me in a restaurant!
We’re going out to lunch tomorrow. 
One of my quilter friends is also a prolific crochet lady and “yarn bombs” various sites in our town. This is her latest creation on top of the post box outside our town’s Sorting Office. 


And the card explaining her work:



Happy Valentine’s Day.

Linking up with Angela’s so scrappy RSC


T

1 comment:

  1. Teddies Love Elephants turned out so cute (and I love TLE!) Happy Engagement-versary! You sure have been sewing up scraps like crazy - way to go!! xo

    ReplyDelete