Thursday 3 February 2022

Cute Happy Cats - a finish!

 My focus for 2022 is my word “Consider”. Part of the process is to consider my stash: to go through my stash, using up yardage as well as scraps. This has been easier to do because of my thorough sort through last year when I reorganised and labelled everything.

At the beginning of the year I started to design little quilts around the contents of my box labelled Happy Blocks. Firstly I made the little quilt called “In the Nursery “ I recently showed on my blog and a couple of days ago I finished a quilt called Cute Happy Cats made from strips of cat pictures given to me several years ago by my dear Patchwork friend Win when she was downsizing in readiness for moving into Residential  Care. Win died a few years ago at the wonderful age of 104. Some of the strips I used to frame the cats were also in the Happy Blocks box so the top came together quite quickly. 

It measures 40” square and was machine quilted. A nice bright fun quilt with lots of quirky cats to look at, ideal for a Linus Project gift.

                                               
                                                     Now, a couple of Close ups of those Cute Cats:




                                       
   I used my Pumpkin fabric for the backing and a cream coloured fabric for the sashing and binding.





1 comment:

  1. That turned out so cute, Linda! I love when scraps yield a super cute and coordinated quilt! I’ll be thinking of you as I start working on a Happy Block quilt of dinosaurs and other scraps this week. Great minds…. xo

    ReplyDelete