Saturday 19 February 2022

Aqua based quilt is progressing

 At the beginning of the month I found all my aqua/teal fabrics and scraps and put them together in a basket, ready for making into RSC blocks.

One of the pieces I discovered buried in my stash was this 10.5” square of fabric.


Obviously too interesting to cut up so I decided to make it the centre of a Round Robin style quilt. Can’t even remember how I acquired this fabric and it’s definitely time to use it.

I have been making some aqua Wonky Stars so picked out some of those and added a few with different colours to the mix and cut some 1.75” strips of a turquoise fabric with tiny white dots.

 

I framed the centre piece of fabric with the strips and started to add the stars for the next round.

I chose Wonky Stars that had a cream/fawn background but didn’t have quite enough so made another 6 blocks.

Then I added another round using a 3” frame of the turquoise and white dots fabric.


The quilt top now measures 27” square. I had intended to make this into a baby quilt for the hospital but now I’ve decided to keep on adding rounds and turn it into a Linus Project quilt instead. 
Wondering what to use for the next round and I remembered I had a packet of 3” pinwheels stashed away so, as the idea is to use up things (either scraps or blocks) that I have in my stash, I’ve decided to use these.
Here’s some of them:

I’m now laying out 1.75” HSTs from my stash to increase the variety of Pinwheels for the next row.
I’m having such fun creating this quilt, making use of scraps and blocks which have been squirrelled away for far too long. I’ve also enjoyed photographing and recording the process of creating this quilt.

Linking up with Angela’s So scrappy RSC blog.


6 comments:

  1. Love the quilt with aqua fabrics and wonky stars. A fantastic quilt for the Linus project. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! This is working beautifully, and I look forward to seeing your progress. Clever girl!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making wonderful progress using that interesting fabric for the centre and adding stars. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your progress pics Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great discover, isn't it?
    You have hdd already so much fun adding rounds and it is growing beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its looking good with the wonky stars. I love watching quilts 'evolve' and change in the making.

    ReplyDelete