Saturday 28 November 2020

Rainbow strings

 Making rather a slow start on cleaning and decluttering and organising my sewing room. Although we are in Lockdown here in the UK and from next Wednesday our area is going even tougher into the top tier of restrictions, Tier 3, we are allowed to exercise so my husband and I walk each day (3,4,or 5 miles) and the days just seem to disappear.

However, this week I have sorted, used up and thrown away very narrow strings, making 12 QAYG string blocks which were mailed to Australia yesterday for Jan Mac  to make up into a Play mat for a baby in need. I love making these blocks, enjoying pulling out strings of every hue and design and just sewing them together. Was a bit taken aback at the cost of postage though!

So, here they are: My Rainbow finish for this week.



Joining up with Angela’s So Scrappy blog.

 

7 comments:

  1. Cheerful String blocks!! Good of you to send them along. Postage to Australia is cost-prohibitive from the US, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those string blocks are pretty as can be! They'll be perfect for a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, be still my heart! Your string blocks are delightful!! Postage is a killer these days, isn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making string blocks and they are so versatile. I wish postage was not so expensive. I'd be mailing quilts here there and everywhere and swapping like I did back in the old days. (Sigh)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our postage here is very high too. You need to find the weight limit and pack as much in as you can to make it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your string blocks are delightful! Yes, the postage certainly makes one think twice before sending anything at present, and it's snail mail just to get over to Australia from here in NZ. Never mind, so nice to get parcels in the post, even if they take forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smashing string blocks Linda - love all the colours.
    I have been tidying and organizing my sewing room but still fighting for space, I have so many scraps boxes and thing they will be given away in the New Year.We hear from my brother-in-law up in Rochdale about happenings in Britain, of course also the TV and newspapers, hopefully your Tier 3 will work!

    ReplyDelete