Tuesday 15 December 2020

Finally going to gift these quilts!

 Periodically I make Baby quilts for my local hospital and when I have collected a few I drop them into the Maternity Ward. In April this year I made three Angel quilts to add to two teddy bear quilts I made in May 2019. One of our Patchwork Group members had given me another one at the end of last year and I was all set to take them to the hospital. But of course in March Covid 19 struck and we were in Lockdown, followed by hospitals not allowing visitors, second Lockdown, still no visitors so my little pile of quilts languished in the cupboard. When I noticed them again last week I had a brainwave as to how I could get them to the hospital. One of my Patchwork Group group is a nurse there so I emailed her to ask if the Maternity Ward would welcome the quilts. Yes, they would but I would have to leave them at the Hospital Switchboard Office. So, that’s what I will do, perhaps on Friday. A little more space in my cupboard - great!  It’s also motivated me to make a few more.

Here’s my 5 quilts:

And Sue’s:



4 comments:

  1. Such a heart warming gesture Linda, I'm sure they will be very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely selection of little quilts. I'm sure they will be so loved & very much used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! It is during these times especially that quilts will be so appreciated since quilts are a lot of times the only visitors allowed.

    ReplyDelete