Tuesday 29 December 2020

Round up of 2020

 I have had a quick look back at my Round up at the end of last year to see what listed UFOs were finished in 2020. Don’t think I did too well.

One of the projects I set myself for 2020 was to tackle a Hexagon quilt passed on to me by my friend Irene when she moved house. Very pretty but faded in parts. My idea was to ask my Patchwork friend Sue to come round and help me start it. She had done something similar with an old Hexagon quilt which was badly in need of repair. Well, that never happened because Sue went on holiday during February and the early part of March, fortunately returning to the UK just before we were into Covid 19 Lockdown. We haven’t had much opportunity  to meet up and work together because of lots of restrictions, a second Lockdown and now even more restrictions with a possibility of worse to come which will be announced tomorrow. So this is definitely on the back burner for the foreseeable future. 

I had been tidying up and decided I would take out one of the UFOs I mentioned last year. I had put it away with batting and backing so thought that would be a good quilt to move forward. It’s a Crumb blocks quilt.

I also created two more flimsies this year:


                                                     The second Tall Ships flimsy



                                             A UFO that I was able to add two borders to so that I could send it as a flimsy to the Australian Quilt Drive for Bush Fire Victims.


And a Coin Quilt flimsy. I bought backing for this one so hopefully this could become a finished quilt during 2020.

.
And of course I must turn my RSC string blocks into at least flimsies if not finished quilts!
And two Baby Quilts. One I’ve decided will be a Sheep Quilt from a kit I bought several years ago. Mum to Be lives in New Zealand so I think that’s appropriate. 

4 comments:

  1. Well done for naming some to be finished. I think I am a little scared to actually list mine. There are too many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I do have others that aren’t listed here and a couple that appeared in last years list seem to have disappeared! And I know they didn’t get finished!

      Delete
  2. Your projects are bright and beautiful. Wish you luck in the new year. Hugs from afar.

    ReplyDelete