Sunday 27 December 2020

Looking back over RSC 2020

 I have just looked back at my end of 2019 Stocktake of ongoing RSC blocks and my intentions for 2020.

I did add to Twinkler blocks, 49 Patch blocks and Roman Stripe blocks but no Crumby Candy blocks made. 

My RSC String blocks haven’t been touched - don’t know why because I could easily make them into quilts, a couple at least. I like how Cathy K turned hers into lovely quilts and that’s what I hope to do in 2021 with mine. And I could make a quilt from my Twinkler blocks and I think the 49 Patch ones too.

However, my decision to make Ship blocks for my new RSC project for 2020 was a great success. I really persevered with these and made so many blocks I was able to make 2 flimsies from them. One was finished and gifted and I’m delighted with them both.

I
                                      Finished and gifted. Called Ships Ahoy!

                                                        Still a flimsy.

As always Cathy (Sane Crazy Crumby blog) temps me with her RSC projects and this year  I’ve made quite a lot of Ticky Tacky houses which I need to look at and decide which colours need to be added in 2021.



3 more ideas for RSC 2021 blocks: small Wonky stars, Zipper blocks ( a Cathy K idea) and Bonnie Hunter’s Easy Peesy blocks.

All looks rather a tall order but I’ll give it a go.

Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy blog.

                      

4 comments:

  1. Your ship quilts are darling! They are on my bucket list, so you inspire people too! Glad you’re joining us again for RSC21. Those zipper blocks originated with Lynn Dykstra of Klein Meisje Quilts blog and I learned about them from Sally at The Objects of Design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection of blocks and quilts. Well done Linda and keep up the good work in 2021

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those ticky tacky houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ship quilts are glorious!! Bet the recipients will be very, very happy with the gift.

    ReplyDelete