Saturday 14 November 2020

Two RSC flimsies

 When we came to the end of the RSC 2020 colours I had made a sizeable collection of Ship blocks which I was determined were not going to be put away and forgotten about.

I don’t make huge quilts: I’m not very tall and wrestling with large quilts is difficult for me. The basting is so hard to do as I use the floor in our bedroom where there is the largest space and scrabbling about on hands and knees really isn’t pleasant. I knew I had plenty of Ship blocks to make two of my preferred size of quilts.

I have made two flimsies. The larger one is 58” x 44” and the smaller is 47” x 42”.

Here they are:



Not very clear photos I’m afraid. It’s a horrid dark, wet November day and I had to put on the lights to get enough light for the photographs.

I pieced a backing for the larger quilt before I went out for my daily walk and this afternoon I intend to baste it. 

Linking up with Angela’s So scrappy blog.

11 comments:

  1. Fraternal twin Sailing Ship quilts... LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fun! I really like the different fabrics you used for water, and the border fabrics are great! I'm with you on making smaller quilts - they're just easier for me to manage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Linda! They both are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What nice tops! Such great colors, and good job handling the different size ship blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice indeed, I've always admired your tall ships blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 quilts! They both look darling. Hope the basting goes well. I switched to using the board basting on the banquet table I sew on. Easier on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful flimsies. All the ships looks great together. A fun regatta.... WELL DONE....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I clicked on the pictures and you can really see them. Cute quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering how you were going to put together all those different sized blocks. Wow...two fantastic tops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great quilt tops! I do like how you have combined the different sized blocks, very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you to everyone who commented on my two flimsies. I can’t work out how to reply to each of you without adding my replies as new comments. It used to work when I clicked on Reply and a reply went directly to the person who had left the comment. That doesn’t seem to happen anymore! What’s changed?

    ReplyDelete