Saturday 28 October 2023

Works in progress

 I have continued with the leftover Star block baby quilt this week. It is now machine quilted and I did my usual echo quilting with Perl thread around the star itself. I have also made the binding so the quilt is ready to be trimmed and the binding sewn on. Perhaps tomorrow?


For many years I have had this funky piece of fabric in my stash.


It’s a Michael Miller fabric called Penguin Parade. I have no idea how I acquired it but during a recent tidy up it came to light so I decided to turn it into a small quilt for donation. I collected together Wonky star blocks, scraps and other fabrics and started to make two strips of 2” pairs of blue and yellow fabric to go above and underneath the penguins. How this strippy quilt grows is at present a mystery. Hope to have more to show next week. 


1 comment:

  1. Cute penguin fabric Linda, looking forward to seeing the quilt next post!

    ReplyDelete