Saturday 7 October 2023

Dolly Quilt finsh

 My best friend’s granddaughter Grace will be 4 years old on Monday. I managed to finish a Dolly Quilt for her and put in in the post along with a book called Drama Llama. 


The little quilt measures 24” square. The appliqué motifs are hand blanket stitched and the quilt is machine quilted. I did hand quilt around each motif using off white Perle thread which makes the figures pop out from the background.

I understand from Grace’s Grandma that she loves wrapping up her dolls and soft toys so I hope she approves of this quilt.

I’m now busy making the blocks for two more Dolly quilts, both little girls’ birthdays coming up in the next two weeks!

And a photo of the backing:



3 comments:

  1. Just adorable dolly quilt you've finished--so sweet:)))
    --nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful little quilt, I'm sure it will be much used & much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for a little dolly.

    ReplyDelete