Sunday 24 September 2023

Done a little sewing

 I haven’t sewed much all summer, too many medical appointments and days when I didn’t feel very well.

I have finally finished the baby quilt called Piccadilly Circus, Jo Kramer’s design. I just need to finish hand sewing the binding and hope to show that soon. I made an extra Star block by mistake so I turned that into a 24” square quilt for the hospital Maternity Unit. That’s waiting to be quilted so I hope to show that as a finish soon.

Our granddaughter’s Dancing teacher was celebrating the 30th anniversary of her Dancing School and my daughter asked if I could make a cushion. She gifted it yesterday.



It is 16” square. I chose the royal blue for the hearts because the students wear leotards and skirts in that shade of blue. Miss Alison loved it, thank goodness! 

I am now making two doll’s quilts for little girls with birthdays in October. Grace, my best friend’s granddaughter who will be 4 and our sweet little Great niece Seren, who will be 3. Busy making some appliquéd teddy bears for those quilts. I’ve got out lots of piles of small blocks, wonky stars, Ticky Tacky houses, some Overall Bill and Sunbonnet Sue blocks and will see what I can create with them.

1 comment:

  1. A perfect celebratory cushion for your granddaughter's dancing teacher. Wish I was quilting when my daughter was a little one, I love doll quilts, do post them for us Linda when you've finished them. I'll be in touch soon.

    ReplyDelete