Monday 5 June 2023

 Well I’m back to write the first post for ages. Haven’t been well, lots of appointments, a pacemaker fitted etc.

That hasn’t stopped me from following other blogs, seeing some lovely work and great ideas. Watching various quilting related YouTube videos.

I finally finished my yellow Strippy quilt which I’m so pleased with. I’ve used lots of Wonky Stars, some Four patches turned into Economy blocks, little scraps to make the Chinese Coin style strips, and a pretty yard of yellow with sprigs of flowers fabric. All from my stash, also the lemon solid fabric I used for the border and binding. The backing was the last of the gorgeous flower power fabric with a strip of yellow with white spots fabric. Sad to see the end of the flower power fabric, I’ve used it for backings in a couple of other quilts. I’ve kept the selvedge  so I can see if I can find some on EBay or Google.


It measures 43” square and is machine quilted with echo quilting around the stars using Perle Cottons.


A close up of some Wonky Stars. The yellow one in particular shows the hand quilting.


Wonky Stars and the Four patches turned into Economy blocks.


More stars because I love them!

I have watched Jo Kramer’s 3 YouTube videos , tutorials showing how to make her Piccadilly Circus baby quilt. I decided to make this for a baby due at the beginning of September. I’m using the same colours as Jo, blues and greens for the stars. Coincidentally this ties in with the RSC colours for this month. I’ve made one star so far and I like it. I don’t have the rage of scraps Jo does so I’m afraid mine will be a bit more “samey “. 




Off to make another star. All the Crumb squares for the middle of the stars are done so I’m making the star points this afternoon.
Happy sewing.
Linking with Angela’s SoScrappy blog.

2 comments:

  1. Your yellow stripey quilt is delightful! So good to be using that stash up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the interesting and thought-provoking posts

    ReplyDelete