Sunday 30 April 2023

RSC Strippy Flimsy

 Having sorted through some of my stash fabrics I found a pretty lemon background fabric with flower 💐 sprigs. I wanted to combine it with yet more RSC Wonky Stars blocks and the economy blocks I had in my stash. Initially I had thought I would make a Coin style top but when I started to try that out I didn’t like it so I decided to cut the flower sprigs fabric into WOF strips.

Then I made strips from the Wonky Stars and one strip from the economy blocks. I also made some piano key style strips by adding them to telephone directory strips for foundation. Then I had fun arranging the strips, adding two deep yellow ones with small white dots strips at the top and bottom to make the top longer.

However, I didn’t think it looked finished and it still needed more length so I used a new piece of lemon solid fabric just added to my stash to make a border, narrower at the sides and wider at the top and bottom.

This looks much better and is a better size, measuring 44” wide and 45” long.


Hoping to make a backing and getting the top machine quilted tomorrow. I’ll do my usual Perle hand quilting round the Wonky Stars. 

Linking up with Angela’s RSC So Scrappy blog.



6 comments:

  1. I luv the yellow background,it's going to be a beautiful cheery finish

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see the yellow addition, very soft & pretty. I tend to steer away for yellow, although I love it🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Linda! That is such a cute idea! I especially love how the print fabric ties all the varied blocks together into a cheerful and sweet whole. Yep, that’s an idea I’m going to save for later! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever combination of techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The floral was a great find, and I love how you have created the flimsy. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the yellow in the strips in your quilt top Linda - reminds me of Spring. Sorry not been in touch, no blogging from me for 5 weeks due to spider bite, wrote my first one a few days ago. Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete