Sunday 2 April 2023

2 finishes and developing green scraps/blocks top

 Two finishes this week. I finished the playmat, bound with a lovely red and white striped binding.

Measures 42“ square.



Now I have to see if Helen chooses it tomorrow. The rest of the quilts I’ve sorted out will go to Project Linus as soon as I can arrange that.

Next I finished the pretty pink quilt. I used a lot of my pink scraps, a few Wonky star blocks and even managed to use the trimmings of the quilt sandwich to bind it. I had only one narrow strip left which has gone into my strips bag.





It finished quite small, 33” wide and 35”” long but it’s so cute! I’m  keeping this ready for the need of a baby girl quilt.

 I also made progress with the green centre I started last week making use of some 3.5” squares from my stash of that size squares.


Today I added extra sides until it measured 41” wide and 19” long. This will be the centre strip of the quilt. 


I am trying to use up collections of blocks from my various stashes and I remembered  I had some 
4 patches made from 1.5” squares so I picked out the ones with green squares and turned them into Economy blocks for the one set of borders.

I’ve started to make some 9 Patch blocks from 2” strips and these will form one row of each of the top and bottom sections of the top. I got the idea of making such a quilt from Cathy on her Crazy by Design blog with her Improv Creature Quilts but I’m not able to be “free” enough. I found it  had to be symmetrical so what I put as a border on the left I had to do the same on the right! The top and bottom parts will probably be mirror images of each other. That depends on what I make for one row from the various bundles of blocks I find in my stash. It’s evolving. Good fun and I’m using my maths skills too.

Linking with Angela’s So Scrappy RSC blog.



4 comments:

  1. I like how your green centre is coming along Linda - promise letter from me tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy, lots of show and fell here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your little finishes, very cute. I too like to have a little finished quilt handy here for those unexpected prezzies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little quilts! The wonky stars in the pink quilt are especially fun! Thank you for stopping by my blog, I couldn't reply to your message (the quilt is for my granddaughter.)

    ReplyDelete