Sunday 5 November 2023

Penguin Parade and a fnish

 I’ve been working on my Penguin Parade top this week and this is as far as I have got:



It measures 31.5” wide and 36” long. I’m going to add a narrow yellow border to each side and then another turquoise polka dot strip all around. That will finish at a reasonable size for a Project Linus quilt.

I now only have small leftovers of batting in my stash so I will have to buy some new batting this week so I can baste it.

I also finished the star Maternity Unit quilt:


And used a piece of fabric I have had in my stash for several years:


My sister Pat bought me a couple of metres of this many years ago when we went to the huge Festival of Quilts together in Birmingham. Happy memories for me, Pat loved picking this out for me and I have enjoyed remembering the happy times we had together studying the quilts.

Linking up with Angela’s SoScrappy blog. I think my Penguin Parade top qualifies as the Wonky Stars are part of my RSC blocks stash.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable penguin quilt! And what a great way to use a strip of special fabric! The child who gets it will be very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciation for your thought-provoking content. Your post resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete