Sunday 16 February 2020

Basket weave baby blanket

I’ve enjoyed knitting a basket weave baby blanket for the upcoming Baby Shower at church for a local organisation supporting Refugees. We’re hoping to make up 70 baby layettes and sets for the pregnant Mums themselves to take into hospital(slippers, dressing gowns, nightdresses, toiletries etc)

This blanket measures 27” square, a nice size for a new baby. I’ve started another one which I hope to finish in time for 29th February. The yarn is a pretty variegated blue and fawn colours.


My friend Amy has been sorting out her 2year old’s outgrown baby clothes, some barely worn, so I’ll be donating them to the cause too. Looking forward to seeing all those pretty baby things when I meet up with her next week.

We have had heavy rain and winds this weekend but thankfully nowhere near the fierce weather  some parts of our country is experiencing as Storm Dennis works it’s way through the country, so I have been sewing this weekend. Just off to my sewing room to have another session now. Some RSC blocks and continuing with another Jewel Chinese Coin flimsy for Australia.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blanket. When are you sending off the baby layettes...

    ReplyDelete