Sunday 23 February 2020

More Orange blocks for RSC 2020

Rain and cold winds still continuing so, as I had a completely free day yesterday I sewed and sewed.
I had made some orange Twinkler Blocks earlier in the week and yesterday made one 49 Patch block using already cut 1.5” orange squares from the stash I have in a tin. I sewed the small orange squares together Leader and Ender style in between working on some Red blocks for the Sunshine Guild. As both orange and red are always in short supply I have really turned over my stash thoroughly looking for scraps.

Here’s my orange total from yesterday:


I started making Twinkler Blocks last year and I now have 36 Twinkler Blocks, my 4 orange blocks bringing my orange total to 7.
The only orange scraps I have left are a few 1.5” strings, all fairly short length and a few 1.5” squares. I may make another orange 49 Patch block.

Linking with Angela’s So Scrappy RSC post.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you really made good use of those orange scraps. I think it took me a couple of years of scraps to get enough Twinklers for a quilt. I like them as they are quick and easy. And I always love a postage stamp block. It's always fun to see what may show up in such a small piece of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going great guns with these oranges!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those oranges are so bright and sunny - the perfect antidote to a miserable weather day. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete