Wednesday 27 November 2019

Antidote to a dreary, wet and grey November day

We are having so many dark and dreary wet days which is not surprising as it’s November in the Northern Hemisphere. Some areas of the country have been flooded so I shouldn’t grumble.
Yesterday I boiled up the weekend’s chicken carcass for stock so this morning I turned it into red lentil and vegetable soup. The kitchen smelt wonderful, warm and inviting.


A large pan so we will get several servings of hearty soup.

Later on I did a little in my sewing room, pin basting the Chinese Coins quilt top that I recently finished. I think the colours are jewel like so perhaps Jewels will be its name.


3 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering at the sight of your pot of hearty soup! Your quilt - Jewels is a perfect name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am salivating over your soup. Perhaps I’ll have leftovers for turkey soup myself. Those jewel tones make that pattern such a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great name... JEWELS...
    That soup will do wonders for a dreary day. The best part is you don't have to cook tomorrow

    ReplyDelete