Monday 18 November 2019

Another Scrap quilt finish

I love making Crumb blocks, very often as a Leader and Ender type exercise, cutting them to 4” and 4.5” sizes. These are stashed and every now and then I use them to make a Baby Quilt.

Here’s my latest, definitely for a baby girl:
I alternated Crumb blocks with a variety of scraps.
Finished at 40” square, my favourite size for a baby quilt which can be used at first as a Playmat.



A close up of a few of my blocks, many of them include some favourite bits of fabric that have their own story.
The little girl is a scrap left from some old fabrics a Quilter friend in New Zealand was purging. Over the years it’s been used in several of my quilts.





I love the strawberry fabric I had for this backing. So pretty.


5 comments:

  1. Great way to use up the left over bits and pieces and end up with a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love making these baby quilts. Always well received.

      Delete
  2. A sweet quilt. And perfect for those all important 'tummy times'! Did you hand quilt it?

    ReplyDelete