Saturday 30 April 2022

RSC Child’s Medallion Quilt

 I am always trying to use up odd bits of fabric that have been in my stash for far too long. I had a piece of fabric about 10” square that reminds me of quaint churches and silos in the American countryside. No idea how I acquired it but it’s cute and when I found it again on one of my sorting out sessions I decided this was now the time for it to be used in a quilt.

I have been making Wonky Stars as RSC blocks so I picked out ones that would work with the centre piece and some of the many Pinwheels I made from waste triangles gifted to me over the last few years. 

I think I’ve only made one other Medallion quilt and I really enjoyed making this one. I finished hand sewing the binding a couple of days ago and I love it. It measures 40” square and combines machine quilting, hand quilting with Perle thread and I tied the centres of the Pinwheels with Perle thread.



Centre piece. Do you agree with my feeling of American countryside churches and silos?

Close up of some of the Wonky Stars.
More Wonky Stars. I so enjoyed picking these out of my Wonky Stars stash.


The tied Pinwheel round.

Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy blog for RSC2022.

8 comments:

  1. That is a fun quilt! I love the center, and the way you alternated the solid borders with the pieced blocks. It looks like your quilty math worked out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! Yes, I agree that that fabric center medallion looks like American Midwest countryside. With your wonky stars and the fabulous blue for alternating rounds, it is a fun and striking quilt! Super finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice medallion quilt! I especially love your wonky stars, and the perle cotton hand quilting around them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your fabrics echo the colors in the center square. I do wonder who did the artwork on the square—it definitely looks like American folk art. Combining three kinds of quilting will make such interesting texture for a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt Linda.. a beautiful country side. ButterZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scraps go great with that panel -- especially the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous job! Everything blended together so well. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh that turned out cute. And great use of those wonky stars.

    ReplyDelete