Sunday 17 April 2022

Piecing with Pink flimsy

 I cut some of my pink scraps and chunks into 4.5” squares and alternated them with some of my more “girly” Crumb blocks, making columns which I sewed into pairs, alternating with 2” strips of a pink fabric which has a pattern of little white snails. It measures 40” square and will eventually be donated as a Linus Project quilt. I have enough of the snail fabric for the backing and binding.


I’ve also been making some pink RSC blocks, Bear Paws with a 4.5” “pad” and some with a 3.5” “pad”. 

The first one I made the HSTs incorrectly so, rather than waste them I made a Bear Paw block with a 4” pad. It can go with my orphan blocks!



I had enough strings to make 7 x 5.5” String blocks.




Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy blog.


3 comments:

  1. I really like how you alternated the Crumbs with plain squares, Linda. LOVE those sweet PINK Bear Paw blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your little pink quilt is adorable! What a great mix of blocks and a super setting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute idea for 4.5 inch squares.

    Bear Paws and Strings, oh my! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete