Sunday 8 May 2022

Hunting out the Green scraps for May

 I didn’t think I would find many green scraps as it doesn’t seem that long since I was making Green  RSC blocks last year. How time flies!

But this is what I found:



 
Front right loads of 2” squares. Only a few 2.5” squares, quite a few strips. Then chunks, larger strips and Fat quarters. Quite a hoard.

I will start with Bear Paw blocks in my three chosen sizes. I have so many 2” squares but one of my RSC blocks is the Easy Peasy one but I already have 14 green ones from last year. So I may cut up some of the scraps into 2.5” squares and make some more green Twinkler blocks ( I have 9 in my stash at the moment). Then some green String blocks. As I have some larger pieces of green fabrics I think I may make a Crumb quilt, using “Boy” Crumb blocks with green fabric squares and make a similar quilt to the Pink one I did in April. After that we’ll see!!

Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy blog.


4 comments:

  1. I think green fabrics and scraps in our stash are like leaves - they just grow on their own. You’ve always got fun things going, so I look forward to you whipping them into shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to love how those scraps reproduce when you aren't watching. Looks like you have lots to draw from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, this is the way I can comment. Looks like you will do well with those greens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I never seem to have many greens at all... but so essential when you consider natures colours.

    ReplyDelete