Sunday 9 January 2022

Red Wonky star blocks for RSC

 I knew I wouldn’t have a lot of red scraps but whilst I was sorting out my fabric stash after Christmas I managed to find more than I remembered I had. Over the past year I’ve bought quite a bit of fabric, taking the opportunity to buy some larger pieces (2 or 3m) for backings in sales. As a result my storage drawers needed tidying up. All nicely sorted and labelled. Don’t think I’ve ever owned as much yardage!

I decided yesterday to cut pieces out for some Wonky Star blocks and I think I got rather carried away! I sewed a few up, pressed, trimmed and finished sewing the stars up today. There were ten.


I think this is about half the ones I cut out yesterday and I have now sewn the star points on all the rest of the blocks, ready to press and trim perhaps tomorrow. I love this block and I think they will make a nice addition to some I made last year. However, I did use some of the Wonky Stars last year so I don’t have a huge stash of them.

Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy RSC blog.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely red wonky star blocks...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those are just adorable! And they will play well with other blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection of stars Linda and a good selection of reds in there.

    ReplyDelete