Saturday 15 January 2022

Leave no scraps!

 Earlier this week I watched a Pat Sloan video where she was showing the blocks she had made all year from scraps. She intends to use up scraps as they are created rather than put them away to use up sometime in the future. I made a mental note of that idea when I made my red RSC Sawtooth blocks this week.


The centre of the block is a 4.5” Crumb square made from last week’s red leftovers.

Then I used the cut off bonus triangles (created when I made the star points in each block) to make another batch of little Wonky Star blocks:


At the beginning of the week I made more little Wonky Stars, cut out last week and ready to be sewn together.


I always have fun searching through my tin of 2” squares to look for the centres of these stars.

Although I don’t have a lot of red scraps I have already made a lot of blocks this month and there are more to come.

Having fun sewing as it’s been extremely cold here and I’m not good in the cold weather because of heart issues so instead of walking I’ve been sewing. 

Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy blog.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I watch Pat Sloan too; I like your crumb centers a lot--nice work using up scraps...Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the creative way you are using it all and leaving no scraps. Those small wonky star blocks are a great way to leave nothing to waste. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those Crumb Stars in RED, Linda!! Your blocks brought back the memory of RSCs past. I was making a set of them, but they were waiting for more friends to join the fun. Sigh... Their wait continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crumb centers and wonky stars from waste triangles - you’re getting as creative as our beloved Cathy L from Iowa!!

    ReplyDelete