Sunday 26 December 2021

Year end round up of Quilt finishes

 I’m pleased with how many quilts I’ve finished this year. Just spent a happy time looking back over my photos and blog posts about them.

Some used blocks from stash, many like my Crumb blocks, made as Leaders and Enders over a few years.

 I made three I Spy Crumb quilts, combining the Crumbs with fabric scraps from stash. These were donated to our local Samaritans Charity Shop:


I used a pile of previously made Sawtooth Star blocks to make a baby quilt for my cousin’s new granddaughter. I had to make more blocks in order to create the quilt but was very pleased with the result.


Two quilts were made from various sized squares I had stashed away:



I finished an I Spy Baby Quilt UFO when I needed a baby quilt in an emergency. This was a flimsy in 2019 and listed on my blog to be finished in 2020. Didn’t quite make that deadline but it WAS finished on 7th January 2021.



I have been making RSC blocks for several years and this year I wanted to use some of those piles of blocks to make quilts. I made 4 quilts from RSC Ticky Tacky houses. Here they are:




Apologies, this photo is upside down!

Sorry this photo is sideways!


I used some RSC Twinkler blocks to make a quilt which will be donated to our local hospital’s Maternity Unit


My collection of RSC 49 patch blocks were turned into a quilt which I will donate to Project Linus.



And two RSC flimsies were finished this year, Warm Strings and Cool Strings:




I now want to spend time in my Sewing Room looking through my sets of RSC blocks to see if there are any sets which can be made into quilts and which sets I need to continue to add to during RSC 2022.

And of course to decide if there are New RSC block ideas I would like to start making next year.

I know I have a completed RSC Ship blocks flimsy which needs to be rescued from the UFO pile and finished in 2022.


Linking with Angela’s So Scrappy RSC blog.


4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely selection of finishes Linda! I particularly like your 'sawtooth star' quilt, very scrappy & pretty! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of quilts you finished this year! I couldn't begin to choose a favorite. Hurray for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda - such a glorious collection of finishes! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you really did have a lot of finishes, Linda! Sorry I’m so late commenting (Holidays and feeling poorly). I look forward to “playing” with you in the RSC!

    ReplyDelete