Sunday 12 December 2021

Another RSC quilt is gifted



 Back on 18th April this year I quilted one of the two RSC String flimsies  I had made from the RSC String blocks I had been making for a long time. I used an idea I had seen in Cathy’s blog ( Crazy by Design), dividing my blocks into cool and warm colours. I put blue, green, brown and purple blocks together and called the quilt Cool Strings.



I decided to gift it to my best friend Barbara for Christmas so today I’ve embroidered and sewn on its label ready to wrap up and post tomorrow.


I love the pieced backing I made for this quilt, using some new fabric with an added vertical strip to make it wide enough for the quilt. The strip was a remnant I had from Helen, one of my Patchwork friends who had downsized into an apartment in February 2020 so was reducing her stash significantly.  Sadly Helen died a few months after I finished Cool Strings so this quilt has some nice memories for me.

I know Barbara will love the colours in this quilt so I think it’s the perfect Christmas gift for her.

Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy RSC 2021 blog.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of the loss of your patchwork friend, Linda. SEW sweet of you to share the quilt with your friend, Barbara. It's such a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, and congrats on a great string finish for Barbara. I’m itching to use up some of my string blocks and may play with some on the design wall this week. So sorry to hear that Helen passed. We’re all getting up there in age, and two of my extended family are dealing with serious health issues. Anyway, have a lovely Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete