Sunday 7 February 2021

Sending a parcel to Australia

 Tomorrow I’ll be posting a parcel off to Jan Mac in Australia. She recently said she was making Library Book bags to give to children so they had a bag to bring home library books. No bag, no book borrowing. Several of her blog followers have already made and sent bags and this past few days I made 4. In order to make the most of the weight allowed I made 5 QAYG String blocks to add to the parcel.

 


 All fully lined so they should last well.



                                                     And the QAYG blocks:
                                          


5 comments:

  1. Well done Linda. I was also given some books to add to my parcel. This little bit of sewing helps in many ways. So I say thankyou to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, thank you so much. Your support has been invaluable and it's lively to know that more children will have access to books thanks to your donation. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and generous (and cute!) gift for the kids to bring home books in. They’re darling, and lining them is brilliant! I’ve never done QAYG blocks, but the strings sure speak to me!! I hope you’re staying safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quilting with strips - it is so satisfying. Thank you for your blog recommendation, it was right up my street.

    ReplyDelete